DIFERENTES USOS DO 'LIKE'

http://www.eslgold.com/speaking/like_wouldlike.html

Here are some phrases and expressions using the word "like." Note the different usage and meanings.
See also: Free-English-Study: Like / Would like / Look like / Be like
Click for Audio

QUASE TODO ALUNO INICIANTE DO INGLÊS SÓ CONHECE "LIKE" COMO O VERBO GOSTAR.  MAS NA VERDADE, ESTA PEQUENA PALAVRA TEM MUITOS USOS. VEJA ABAIXO ALGUNS EXEMPLOS:

Like / Would like / Look like / Be like

Would like vs. (Do) like

What kind of food do you like?
(FATOS/PREFERÊNCIAS PESSOAIS)
I like ice cream, bananas, soda pop.
I like Chinese food.
What kind of food would you like?
(QUANDO VOCÊ PODE ESCOLHER)
I would like Italian food.
What kind of friend(s) do you like?
I like someone who is easygoing.
I like a person who has talent.
I like people who are kind.
What kind of person would you like to marry?
I would like someone who has a lot of money.
I like a man/woman/person who is friendly.

Be like vs. Look like

What does John like?
(QUAIS SÃO AS PREFERÊNCIAS DELE?)
He likes horror movies, basketball, chocolate ice cream...
What does John look like?
(DESCRIÇÃO FÍSICA)
He is tall, dark and handsome. He has black hair and wears glasses.
What is John like?
(DESCRIÇÃO DE PERSONALIDADE)
He is a nice guy. He is very kind and friendly.

Veja também:
 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

EXERCÍCIOS COM O VERBO TO BE PARA O NÍVEL BÁSICO

Verbos Irregulares em Inglês

Mapa mental verbos modais