Telephoning English - Frases Importantes

 

 
 
Falar ao telefone em inglês inclue aprender frases chaves que te auxiliarão muito. Algumas das mais importantes;
Hello, I am Denise.
This Denise.
Na Inglaterra é muito comum atender ao telefone dizendo o número. Já nos EUA, nmormalmente se atende: This is ...........


Vamos ver um exemplo de dialogo:

Operator: Hello, Frank and Brothers, How can I help you?
Peter: This is Peter Jackson. Can I have extension 3421?
Operator: Certainly, hold on a minute, I'll put you through...
Frank: Bob Peterson's office, Frank speaking.
Peter: This is Peter Jackson calling, is Bob in?
Frank: I'm afraid he's out at the moment. Can I take a message?
Peter: Yes, Could you ask him to call me at . I need to talk to him about the Nuovo line, it's urgent.
Frank: Could you repeat the number please?
Peter: Yes, that's , and this is Peter Jackson.
Frank: Thank you Mr Jackson, I'll make sure Bob gets this asap.
Peter: Thanks, bye.
Frank: Bye.

Como você pode ver, é uma linguagem informal com algumas mudanças em relação ao inglês numa conversa face a face. Olhe abaixo e veja algumas expressões:


Se apresentando
This is Ken.
Ken speaking

Perguntando quem está do outro lado da linha
Excuse me, who is this?
Can I ask who is calling, please?

Chamando alguém
Can I have extension 321? (extensions are internal numbers at a company)
Could I speak to...? (Can I - more informal / May I - more formal)
Is Jack in? (informal idiom meaning: Is Jack in the office?

Pedindo para a pessoa esperar
I'll put you through (put through - phrasal verb meaning 'connect')
Can you hold the line? Can you hold on a moment?

Respondendo que a pessoa não está no momento
I'm afraid ... is not available at the moment
The line is busy... (when the extension requested is being used)
Mr Jackson isn't in... Mr Jackson is out at the moment...

Deixando recadp
Could (Can, May) I take a message?
Could (Can, May) I tell him who is calling?
Would you like to leave a message?

 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

EXERCÍCIOS COM O VERBO TO BE PARA O NÍVEL BÁSICO

Verbos Irregulares em Inglês

Mapa mental verbos modais