Fazendo escolhas em inglês

Ten Expressions to Use In Speaking And Writing

  1. I'd (much) prefer to stay in
  2. I'd (much) rather stay in (In phrases 1 and 2 the word 'much' makes the phrase much stronger.)
  3. I'd go for an Indian meal (any time). (Phrase 3 means that the speaker always prefers Indian food to the other choices.)
  4. I much prefer wine to lager. (Phrase 4 shows the speaker prefers win a lot.)
  5. Give me Italian wine any day. (Phrase 5 is a strong, informal phrase that is probably spoken. The speaker is saying that she will always choose Italian wine over the other possible choices.)
  6. If it was up to me, I'd choose London. (In phrase 6 the speaker is saying that he prefers London. He is also saying that his poinion is not the most important. This is polite.)
  7. Going to a pub is more my kind of thing. (Phrase 7 is an informal and quite gentle way of saying that the speaker prefers pubs to another suggestion.)
  8. Given the choice, I'd rather stay in. (Phrase 8 is saying that the speaker would prefer to stay in but that she will probably go out because other people want to do this.)
  9. London would be preferable to Oxford. (Phrase 9 is a formal (possibly written) expression to say that the speaker prefers London.)
  10. The boys expressed a strong preference for (Phrase 10 is a formal (possibly written) expression to say that somebody else (the boys) prefer something. Follow this with a noun or noun phrase.)

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

EXERCÍCIOS COM O VERBO TO BE PARA O NÍVEL BÁSICO

Verbos Irregulares em Inglês

Mapa mental verbos modais