Useful Expressions - Complaining

Here are expressions you can use when complaining:complaining
  • I have a complaint to make. ...
  • Sorry to bother you but...
  • I'm sorry to say this but...
  • I'm afraid I've got a complaint about...
  • I'm afraid there is a slight problem with...
  • Excuse me but there is a problem about...
  • I want to complain about...
  • I'm angry about...

 Examples:

I have a complaint to make.
Your pizza is just too salty.
I'm sorry to say this but
your food is inedible.
1. I'm afraid I've got a complaint about your child.He's too noisy .
2. I'm afraid there is a slight problem with the service in this hotel.
3.Excuse me but you are standing on my foot.
4. I want to complain about the noise you are making.
5. I'm angry about the way you treat me.

Responding to complaints

 Positive response to complaints:

  • I'm so sorry, but this will never occur / happen again.
  • I'm sorry, we promise never to make the same mistake again.
  • I'm really sorry; we'll do our utmost/best not to do the same mistake again.

 Negative response to complaints:

  • Sorry there is nothing we can do about it.
  • I'm afraid, there isn't much we can do about it.
  • We are sorry but the food is just alright.

Things to remember about complaints:

When expressing a complaint in English, it helps to be polite. Although "I'm angry about your pizza. It's too salty" is one possible way of expressing a complaint, it is considered too rude and you'd better use more polite expressions if you want to get what you want!


 http://www.teach-this.com/downloads/313-complaining-and-apologizing-language/file

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

EXERCÍCIOS COM O VERBO TO BE PARA O NÍVEL BÁSICO

Verbos Irregulares em Inglês

Mapa mental verbos modais