Posso falar "I were"?


I was ou I were? Qual é o correto?
It could be both! When we use the past tense of the be verb, for the first person we generally use was. I was. For today’s English Lesson, but I’m going to show you some special cases when we use “I were” instead of the usual “I was.”
(Pode se usar as duas formas! Quando usamos o Past Tense do Verbo do Be para a primeira pessoa do singular, nos geralmente usamos o "I was". Mas eu vou mostrar algumas situações especiais quando podemos usar "I were" ao inves da forma normalmente usada "I was".
Examples:
The basic uses of the be verb in English: (Regras Gerais)
  • was at home all day yesterday. ←Singular subject
  • The pen was on the table. ←Singular subject
  • We were at home all day yesterday. ←Plural subject
  • The pens were on the table.←Plural subject
Using I were with if. (Usando I were com If)
  • If I were taller, I would be a better basketball player.
  • If Jack were here, he could fix the computer for us.
  • If I were you, I would quit that job and get a better one.
Using I were with wish: (Usando I were com wish)
  • I wish I were taller.
  • I wish Jack were here to fix the computer.
  • I wish I were good at sports
Now, to relax, listen to this song: If I were a boy - Beyonce


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

EXERCÍCIOS COM O VERBO TO BE PARA O NÍVEL BÁSICO

Verbos Irregulares em Inglês

Mapa mental verbos modais