Late - Lately - Short - Shortly

Como adjetivos late e short tem sentidos totalmente diferentes das suas formas advérbiais lately e shortly. 

Vamos ver alguns exemplos de uso:

Usando late:
The trains and buses in NYC are often late.
I was late for work today vecause of the stupid trains again.
Don´t be late. the boss will get angry.



Usando lately:
Lately, the weather has been getting warner
I haven´t see Jack lately, I guess he's been busy at work.
I haven´t eaten sushi latelu. Let´s have it for lunch.




Usando short:
I am too short to reach the top shelf. Can you hand me that book?

I was surprised that the actor is short. He looks tall on TV.
This USB cable is short, so O need to move the printer closer to the PC.


Usando shortly:
I'll be finished with this phone call shortly and then we can chat.
the taxi should be here shortly, so put on your jacket and get ready.
Here is your table. The waiter will be with you shortly.


Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

EXERCÍCIOS COM O VERBO TO BE PARA O NÍVEL BÁSICO

Verbos Irregulares em Inglês

Mapa mental verbos modais