Girias em inglês de Nova York

Agita:
  • That pizza gave me agita.
  • I can’t eat fried food because it gives me agita.
  • I can’t stand hanging out with Johnny. Just being near him gives me agita.
  • I have a few problems in my office with a customer. It’s really giving me agita.
Boss:
  • What do you need, boss?
  • How can I help you, boss?
  • I guess by calling the customer boss, the clerk is letting the person know that they are important. That’s nice, right?
Buck:
  • I can’t believe he charged me a buck and a half ($1.50) for a cup of ice.
  • The DVD’s are five bucks ($5) each.
Gavone:
  • Look at that gavone, shoving pizza in his mouth. He is eating like a pig.
  • Those kids are a bunch of gavones. They left such a mess on this table and they didn’t throw away their garbage.
Fuhgedaboudit:
  • Are you thinking of eating pizza there? Fuhgedaboudit! (no way)
  • You want me to walk all the way from Central Park to Chinatown? Fuhgedaboudit! I’m taking the subway. (no way)
  • Do you think New York is the best city in the world? Fuhgedaboudit!
  • Does Happy English have good podcasts? Fuhgedaboudit
Not Fuh Nuttin’:
  • Not Fuh Nuttin’, but this is the best pizza I’ve ever had.
  • Not Fuh Nuttin’, but I wouldn’t date that guy if I were you. He’s a looser.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

EXERCÍCIOS COM O VERBO TO BE PARA O NÍVEL BÁSICO

Verbos Irregulares em Inglês

Mapa mental verbos modais