Present Continuous Tense - English for Aviation


Aim
  • Practice English skills in an aviation context
  • Practice present continuous in dialogue form
Dear Diary,
This is the life! Today is my first day working as a flight attendant and I am loving my new job! The crew is great and they are showing me what to do when I forget.
As I write, we are flying over the Pacific Ocean and I am looking down at the Great Barrier Reef below. I’m imagining what Australia might be like, and I’m getting excited. I’m wondering if I’ll have time to visit my old university friend Dave while we’re in Brisbane.  I hope so – he said he’s expecting me and that he’s looking forward to it.
 
I am taking a break now, but the short time I get for a break is passing quickly – I’m writing as fast as I can!
I’m drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated and I’m eating some healthy snacks.
Must go, someone is calling me – oops!
X Marguerite

.
.
Activity
What are you doing? What are you not doing? What are the people/animals/things around you doing, or not doing?

Mum is drinking water
My brother is not doing his homework.

Now, it´s your turn:
a. ____________________________________________
b. ____________________________________________
c. ____________________________________________

Just for fun



am sailing, I am sailing.
Home again, 'cross the sea.
I am sailing stormy waters
To be near you, to be free
am flying, I am flying
Like a bird 'cross the sky
I am flying, passing high clouds
To be with you, to be free
Can you hear me, can you hear me
Through the dark night far away
I am dying, forever trying
To be with you, who can say?
(x2)
We are sailing, we are sailing
Home again, 'cross the sea
We are sailing stormy waters
To be near you, to be free
–          (Gavin Sutherland, 1972)

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

EXERCÍCIOS COM O VERBO TO BE PARA O NÍVEL BÁSICO

Verbos Irregulares em Inglês

Mapa mental verbos modais