Job Hunting - Unit 1 - Audio 1.5




Patrick: Good morning. My name is Patrick Roberts. Can | speak to the head of Human Resources?
Receptionist: I'm afraid she's quite busy at the moment. Can I help you?
Patrick: I was just phoning to inquire whether there were any jobs going.
Receptionist: All our vacant positions are advertised on our website and in national newspapers. Vacancies do come up regularly, so | advise you to keep checking.
Patrick: Thank you very much for your time.
Receptionist: You're welcome and good luck.

Eryk: Good morning. I'm Eryk Pawlak. I would like to speak to Janet Robinson. Is she there?
Receptionist: She's quite busy at the moment.
Can I help you?
Eryk: Thank you, but ['d rather talk to Ms Robinson, if that's okay,
Receptionist: Okay. Please hold and Ml try and
put you through.
Eryk: Thank you.
Janet: Janet Robinson speaking. How can I help you?
Eryk: My name is Eryk Pawlak. I have considerable professional experience in the hotel industry. I have worked for a number of big hotels in Poland. The reason Im calling, Ms Robinson, is that I have recently moved to London and I'm looking for an employment opportunity in a major hotel which will make use of my experience and language skills. Do you need employees who can speak a variety of languages?
Janet: Yes, we do.
Eryk: My mother tongue is Polish, but I can also speak Spanish, having worked for a big hotel in Spain. Are you looking for employees with international experience?
Janet: Yes. How much experience do you have?
Eryk: Recently I spent six months working for a hotel in Madrid. To begin with I mainly worked managing a team of cleaners and porters. However, my Spanish improved quickly and I was moved to reception, where I dealt with customers both face to face and on the phone. Are you looking for someone with experience such as this?
Janet: Do you have a degree?
Eryk: Yes, I have a degree in tourism. What background experience are you looking for?
Janet: We normally recruit people with a background in hotel management.
Eryk: Well, I have experience in this area and am keen to continue my professional development; I'm going to be close to your hotel this week. Would you be available to meet me to discuss my qualifications and experience face to face?
Janet: Actually, I'm quite busy. Perhaps you could send me your CV and a cover letter and I´ll have a look at it.
Eryk: I will do that. Thank you very much for your time. I hope to hear from you soon. Janet: Thanks for your call.

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

EXERCÍCIOS COM O VERBO TO BE PARA O NÍVEL BÁSICO

Verbos Irregulares em Inglês

Mapa mental verbos modais