Job Hunting Unit 1 - Audio 1.1



1.1
Sophie: Hey  Silvia. How are you? What have you been up to? I haven't seen you for ages.
Silvia: I'm fine, Sophie. I'm actually  looking for a job at the moment.
Sophie: Yeah? So how's it going?
Silvia: Not that great, to be honest. I’ve got a few ideas for possible jobs but I'm not really sure what sort of work | want to do, or what I'd be really good at.
Sophie: | see. In my experience you’ve got to work out what you want to do before you start thinking about where you want to work. So, start by thinking about the things you like doing, or what you're interested in.
Silvia: Well, I´m interested in  sustainability and I enjoy working with people.
Sophie: Exactly. So you'd probably enjoy a job       that    included   both  of  these  things.Then, after you've  worked out your interests, the next step is to think about the skills you've got that can be used in almost any job, things like communication   
 and  people    skills. Everything   that you've managed to do successfully at work or university     needed   skills   to    get   these   things    done. These are your transferable skills.
Silvia: But how do I work out what my transferable skills are?
Sophie: I try  to think  about  something I've    done that  was successful, where   my    actions have  made  difference, and  then  try        to  identify  the    skills    I used.
Silvia: Hmm. I  can do that, I think.
Sophie: Also, a lot of people these days use personality   tests   to  find    out   more about  the type of person they   are  and   the  types of   jobs that are suited   to     them. There   are  quite   a  lot   of   the on the Internet if    you're interested.
Silvia:  That´s sounds  interesting. I’ll   give  it a go, and see what it   comes up with.
Sophie: Okay, but don´t take these tests too seriously - the´re just there to give you some ideas and suggestions. At the end of the day, the only person who really knows who you are and what type of job is right for you is you, and remember, it´s not just about finding a job that you´d good at. You need to find a job that you´ll enjoy, one that you´ll love doing. 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

EXERCÍCIOS COM O VERBO TO BE PARA O NÍVEL BÁSICO

Verbos Irregulares em Inglês

Mapa mental verbos modais