Como dizer "Ser honesto" em inglês?





Sinônimos  BE HONEST

  • IN ALL FAIRNESS
  • IN ALL HONESTY
  • WITH ALL DUE RESPECT
  • IF I’M PERFECTLY HONEST
  • IF I CAN SPEAK MY MIND
  • ALLOW ME TO SPEAK MY MIND
  • LET ME SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT
  • IF I SHOOT FROM THE HIP
  • I’M JUST GOING TO COME RIGHT OUT AND SAY IT
  • I’M GOING TO LAY IT ON THE LINE
  • IF TRUTH BE TOLD
  • IN FACT
  • AS A MATTER OF FACT
  • TO TELL THE TRUTH
  • FRANKLY
  • TO BE FRANK
  • ACTUALLY
  • IN ACTUAL FACT
  • I’M ONLY TELLING YOU THIS BECAUSE I CARE ABOUT YOU
  • LET’S BE FAIR
Exemplos:
  • In all fairness, you did shout at her first.
  • With all due respect madam, I don’t think this is a very good business plan.
  • Allow me to speak my mind. I believe there is a better way to handle this project.
  • Let me set the record straight, she kissed me first!
  • Our boss doesn’t care what anyone else thinks, he always shoots from the hip.
  • Just lay it on the line and tell me if I passed or failed please.
  • If truth be told, he didn’t really deserve that promotion anyway.
  • Frankly, I don’t care!
  • I’m only telling you this because I care about you, but I don’t think she’s interested in you!
  • Let’s be fair, she’s lucky that her boss has a lot of patience!



TBH (full form) é um acrônimo de To Be Honest.
Variações:  “To be perfectly honest (with you),” “In all honesty,” and “In my opinion.”
 
 
Quando você está discutindo sobre algo e quer  descrever que uma  mudança é necessária, você pode dizer:
  • “To be honest, I didn’t really like him from the start. I just didn’t want to hurt your feelings.”
Às vezes, a TBH pode ser usada dessa maneira ou como uma confissão a uma mentira anterior.

Para ser honesto (TBH), tornou-se uma frase tão comum em inglês que merece sua própria abreviação!

To be honest, I don’t really feel like going out tonight → Tbh I don’t really feel like going out tonight.
  • I never got along with him, to be honest. → I never got along with him, tbh.
  • To be honest, I don’t think this relationship is working out. → tbh I don’t think this relationship is working out.

    Geralmente, essa abreviação é enviada por telefone ou por outra plataforma de mensagens (no facebook ou instagram), mas também pode ser usada ocasionalmente em fala, geralmente por jovens que tendem a enviar mensagens com frequência ou estão tentando ser engraçados



  • fonte da imagem

    Abreviações modernas como TBH, LOL, FYI e outras se tornaram tão comuns que são frequentemente usadas no inglês falado.

    Essa "cultura de abreviaturas" mudou para o discurso diário, graças à popularidade e conveniência de tais frases. A cultura de hoje é de velocidade e rapidez, onde as pessoas não têm tempo para discutir as coisas por períodos mais longos. Em vez disso, abreviações como TBH garantem que você entenda o assunto rapidamente.

    Observe também que não há realmente um padrão padrão de maiúsculas ou pontuação para TBH e frases semelhantes, pois a fala em texto não é muito padronizada.

    Os jovens tendem a escrever em letras minúsculas (tbh ou Tbh), com ou sem uma vírgula. Aqueles que são menos entendidos em tecnologia podem dizer tudo em maiúsculas (TBH).
     
     
     
    A: What are you up to right now?
    B: Not much. I´m pretty bored tbh
    A: Wanna go to the bowling party tonight?
    B:TBH, not really…
    A: LOLwhy? Seems like you don’t have anything better to do.
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     

    Comentários

    Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

    EXERCÍCIOS COM O VERBO TO BE PARA O NÍVEL BÁSICO

    Verbos Irregulares em Inglês

    Mapa mental verbos modais