Erros comuns na gramática do Inglês - Parte 1

1. Não use an com own.
Sue needs her own room. (NOT Sue needs an own room.)
I’d like a phone line of my own. (NOT … an own phone line.)
2. Use or rather para corrigir a si próprio
She’s German – or rather, Austrian. (NOT She’s German – or better, Austrian.)
I’ll see you on Friday – or rather, Saturday.
3. Use o simple present – play(s), rain(s) etc – para falar sobre ações habituais
play tennis every Saturday. (NOT I am playing tennis every Saturday.)
It usually rains a lot in November.
4. Use will …, e não o simple presente para oferecer algo ou em promessas
I’ll cook you supper this evening. (NOT I cook you supper this evening.)
I promise I’ll phone you tomorrow. (NOT I promise I phone you tomorrow.)
5. Não elimine as prepositions com passive verbs.
I don’t like to be shouted at. (NOT I don’t like to be shouted.)
This needs to be thought about some more. (NOT This needs to be thought some more.)
6. Não use present tense depois de It’s time.
It’s time you went home. (NOT It’s time you go home.)
It’s time we invited Bill and Sonia. (NOT It’s time we invite Bill and Sonia.)
7. Use was/were born para datas de nascimento
was born in 1975. (NOT I am born in 1975.)
Shakespeare was born in 1564.
8. Police é plural
The police are looking for him. (NOT The police is looking for him.)
I called the police, but they were too busy to come.
9. Não use the para falar sobre coisas no geral
Books are expensive. (NOT The books are expensive.)
I love music. (NOT I love the music.)
10. Use had better, não have better.
I think you’d better see the doctor. (NOT I think you have better see the doctor.)
We’d better ask John to help us.

11. Use o present progressive - am playing, is raining etc - para falar sobre coisas que continuam no momento da fala.
I’m playing very badly today. (NOT I play very badly today.)
Look! It's raining! (NOT Look! It rains!)
12. Use for para falar sobre periodos de tempo. Use since para falar do inicio deste tempo
for the last two hours = since 9 o'clock
for three days = since Monday
for five years = since I left school
I’ve been learning English for five years. (NOT I’ve been learning English since three years.)
We’ve been waiting for ages, since eight o’clock.
13. Não separe o verbo do objeto.

VERB
OBJECT

She
speaks
English
very well . (NOT She speaks very well English.)
Andy
likes
skiing
very much. (NOT Andy likes very much skiing.)

14. Não use o present perfect - have/has seen, have/has gone etc - com palavras que indicam o tempo final.
saw him yesterday. (NOT I have seen him yesterday.)
They went to Greece last summer. (NOT They have gone … last summer.)
15. A palavra English normalmente não usa artigo
You speak very good English. (NOT You speak a very good English.)
16. Apos look forward to, use -ing, e não o infinitivo.
I look forward to seeing you. (NOT I look forward to see you.)
We’re looking forward to going on holiday. (NOT … to go on holiday.)
17. Information é um substantivo incontável.
Can you give me some information? (NOT Can you give me an information?)
I got a lot of information from the Internet. (NOT I got a lot of informations from the Internet.)
18. Use -ing após preposições.
I drove there without stopping. (NOT I drove there without to stop.)
Wash your hands before eating. (NOT Wash your hands before to eat.)

19. Use substantivos no plural depois de  one and a half.
We waited one and a half hours. (NÃO We waited one and a half hour.)
A mile is about one and a half kilometres. (NÃO A mile is about one and a half kilometre.)

20. Use O present perfect, não o present, para dizer por quanto tempo as coisas estão ocorrendo.
I've been waiting since 10 o'clock. (NOT I'm waiting since 10 o'clock.)
We've lived here for nine years. (NOT We live here for nine years.)

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

EXERCÍCIOS COM O VERBO TO BE PARA O NÍVEL BÁSICO

Verbos Irregulares em Inglês

Mapa mental verbos modais