STOP DOING STOP TO DO


I stopped to eat ice cream. = I ceased doing whatever I was doing, and then I ate ice cream. = I stopped - for the purpose of eating ice cream.
Tradução: eu parei para tomar sorvete

I stopped eating ice cream. = I ceased to eat ice cream (on that occasion or forever). = I discontinued the action or habit of eating ice cream.
Eu parei de tomar sorvete. 


If I say I stopped to smoke, I had a cigarette. - Eu parei para fumar
If I say I stopped smoking, I never again had a cigarette. - Eu parei de fumar

E então, conseguiu entender?
Então me explique nos comentários, qual a diferença entre as sentenças abaixo:

I STOPPED TO READ A MAGAZINE
I STOPPED READING MAGAZINES










Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

EXERCÍCIOS COM O VERBO TO BE PARA O NÍVEL BÁSICO

Verbos Irregulares em Inglês

Mapa mental verbos modais