Fale inglês como Americano: 1. I guess this place is worth a visit






(sound of a car moving)
Lenny: Are you almost there?
Brian: Not quite
Lenny: How far is it now?
Brian: It should take us another twenty minutes or so. Are you tired of sitting?
Lenny: Yeah. I feel like stretching my arms and legs.
Brian: OK. We can make a pit stop at the gas station. I could use a break from driving too.
Lenny: That would be great.

(sound of car stopping at the gas station, cars opening and closing)

Brian: Oh good! Do you wanna have some coffe or something?
Lenny: I think soyou at the convenience store ina a little while I have to go pee first.I'll meet
Brian: OK!

(a few minutes later Lenny is back  at the convenience store)

Lenny: Hey Brian, look what I found here!
Brian:A tourist map?
Lenny: Actually is more like a detailed tourist guide with info on all the attractions of the regions. I didn´t know there was a park with a lake just a couple of miles from here. They have kayaks and boats for rent there.
Brian: Sounds interesting. Do you wanna check it out?
Lenny: It might be a good idea. This place sounds like fun. After all we´re  not in a hurry, are we?
Brian: Let me see this guide (sound of papers turning). Uhm, it says here the park is at exit 37. We just passed exit  35 a while ago so we´re just a couple of minutes from there. OK, I guess this place is worth a visit. Let´s do it!.
Lenny: Do you wanna eat or drink something?
Brian: I guess I´ll just have a soda. How about you?.
Lenny: Uhm, Some iced tea, I think. The soft drinks are over there.

A few minutes later at the checkout counter

Check out attendant: Good morning, sir!
Brian: Hi, How are you doing today?

Check out attendant: Very good sir (checking computer terminal) A soda and a can of iced tea. Will be there anything else?
Brian: Yeah, this guide here.
Check out attendant: OK, sir (running scanner over the guide.) That works out to $16.45 sir.
Brian: Let me get this, Lenny.
Lenny: Oh, no, you picked up the tab the last time. It is my turn to pay now!
Brian: All right, Lenny I won´t insist!


DIALOGUE COMPREHENSION

Check if the sentences below are true or false:

1. I have just arrived at their destination:
True (    )          False (    )

2. They decide to stop at a convenience store for a snack.
True (    )          False (    )

3. Brian is not willing to visit the park
True (    )          False (    )

4. They decide to stop by at the park for a visit since they are not in a hurry.
True (    )          False (    )

5. Brian offers to pay but Lenny insinsts on picking up the tabs this time.
True (    )          False (    )

LANGUAGE CHECK

Find words or expressions in the dialogue with the following similar meaning:

a. Let me pay for this: ___________________________________________________________________
b. Very soon:
___________________________________________________________________
c. Carbonated water for a soft drink:
___________________________________________________________________
d. a brief stop during a toad trip to rest, refuel, use a restroom, or buy refreshments:
___________________________________________________________________
e. Amount to:
___________________________________________________________________
f. Urinate:
___________________________________________________________________
g. Want to:
___________________________________________________________________
h. Is good enough to justify a visit\;
___________________________________________________________________
i. A break would be good/It would be good to have a break
___________________________________________________________________
j. Pay for something:
___________________________________________________________________
k. Go visit it:
___________________________________________________________________

Conversation: 

  1. Do you enjoy travelling long distances by car? Do you like driving?
  2. Do you like visiting parks? What kind of places do you usually like to go to?
  3. Would you rather travel by bus, train, plane or by car?
  4. When was the last time you fleu? Are you afraid of flying?

Language Practice:

Chosse the alternative that best explain the meaning of the words in bold in the sentences bellow:

1; Let me pay this time. You bought me lunch yesterday.
a. pick out the bag.
b. pick up the bag.
c. pick out the tab.
d. pick up the tab.

2. Let´s wait for Tim before we start the rehearsal. He should be here sometimes soon.
a. in a long while
b. in a fast while.
c. in a little while.
d. in a quick while

3. If we ass all the numbers the total amounts to nearly three hundred bucks. 
a. works up to
b. works out to
c. works up at
d. works out at

4. Can we make a quick stop at the next gas station. I nto give something to drink.
a. litltle stop
b. flash stop
c. short stop?
d. pit stop

5. I heard the new restaurant on main street is really good. Do you want to see what's it like?
a. check it up?
b. check it down
c. check it on.
d. check it out

6. It would be a good idea to have a break now. I´m feeling a little tired.
a. I couldn´t use a break.
b. I could refuse a break.
c. I usually have a break.
d. I could use a break. 


Answer key:
Dialogue Comprehension:
1. False     2. False     3. False     4. True     5. True

Language Check
a. let me get this              b. in a little while                        c. soda
d. pit stop                        e. work out to                              f. go pee
g. wanna                          h. is worth a visit                        i. could use a break
j. pick up the tab              k. check it out

Language practice
1. d     2. c     3. b     4. d     5. d     6. d 






Comentários

  1. Good way of telling, good post to take facts regarding my presentation subject matter, which i am going to deliver in my college
    Matlab Homework Help

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Great Information,it has lot for stuff which is informative.I will share the post with my friends.
    Operations Management Homework Help

    ResponderExcluir
  3. I’m really impressed with your article, such great & usefull knowledge you mentioned here
    Dissertation Proposal Homework Help

    ResponderExcluir
  4. The leading assignment help UK firm offers state of the art services to its clients with a promise of delivering all the required work well within the deadline.
    Economics Assignment Help

    ResponderExcluir
  5. online shopping in a cheap price on ordervenue,it fullfil you all of the wishes in a time.
    ordervenue

    ResponderExcluir
  6. The piece is really helpful. Just like
    How To Work Successfully With The Essay Teamwork because the service helps students with their college assignments. Tasks are differ but each of them is a mission to complete.

    ResponderExcluir
  7. This assignment is very useful for those who learn the language. I am one of those and I am very grateful for the shared task. It helped me a lot and I am more than just sure of it to help others just as well. There is a thing I would want to share in return because I am sure that others will find it helpful too. Responsibility Essay: How To Become The Responsible Person is a sample of the work delivered by the website, which is simply irreplaceable for students.

    ResponderExcluir
  8. Thank you very much for sharing. Feel free to add more if anything. There is an article available for viewing by students: http://essay-review.org/welcome-brand-new-free-essay-review-website-blog/. Apart from that, there are many more for you to see. It is a sample of a paper accomplished by the service.

    ResponderExcluir

Postar um comentário

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

EXERCÍCIOS COM O VERBO TO BE PARA O NÍVEL BÁSICO

Verbos Irregulares em Inglês

Mapa mental verbos modais