Pular para o conteúdo principal

Como usar "want" em inglês


I want pancakes!
I want pancakes!
I want to eat something different for breakfast. Almost every day, I eat the same thing: Greek yogurt and granola cereal. It’s healthy, but getting boring. So I went to the diner today. For those who are not living in the USA, a diner is a restaurant that is usually open all day and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner dishes all day long. If you visit New York, I want you to think about going to a diner. I think I either want pancakes or a waffle. I want bacon too. I usually don’t eat bacon, but today I want to have it.

Hoje mostrarei para vocês diferentes usos do  want  em Inglês. Vamos dar uma olhada primeiramente na gramática para aprender melhor a usa-lo. 
Nós usamos  want + [noun - substantivo] para falar sobre coisas que desejamos:

  • want pancakes for breakfast.
  • Jack said he wants a new laptop because his is running Windows XP.
  • Everyone who comes to the meeting will want a copy of the meeting minutes.
Nós também usamos  want + to verb para expressar o desejo de fazer algo:
  • want to eat pancakes for breakfast.
  • Jack said he wants to buy a new laptop because his is running Windows XP.
  • Everyone who comes to the meeting will want to have a copy of the meeting minutes.
Finalmente, usamos want [alguém) + to verbo quando queremos falar sobre uma ação que desejamos que uma pessoa venha a fazer. Esta estrutura é usada também como um comando, uma ordem: 
  • want you to study English hard and practice this grammar!
  • Jenny wants her husband to get her a new laptop.
  • We want Chris to stop smoking.

Bom então é isto. Não esqueça: If you want to speak English, you have to study it. 

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog

EXERCÍCIOS COM O VERBO TO BE PARA O NÍVEL BÁSICO

Verbos Irregulares em Inglês

Mapa mental verbos modais